About Me

Singapore
Simple and simple and SIMPLE life, just wish to travel around the world, with great food and wines, and great company.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Introduction................

Always wanted to start a blog (perhaps years ago?) to record all the great memories for my wine & dining journey but didn’t do it until now, mainly to blame my lazy and slacking character. LOL. This is me, but I’m always striving not to miss any drinking and dining session as much as possible:p


To urge myself not to procrastinate my blog plan any more, I have read lots of good wine and dining blogs / forums lately, which gives me some ideas on blogging. Via this blog, I hope to share my personal thoughts on wine and dining and open a door to know more wine and food lovers around the world. You never know, perhaps one day we can meet on our pursuits for good wine and food!


My mom is a great great cook. I love all the dishes she crafts--even a simple stir-fried vegetable with garlic and chili is perfect to me. Really miss her homemade charcoal boiled soup ever since the very first day I arrived in Singapore. Such a good cook and good food at home has spoiled my taste buds. Whichever country/city I have been to, I always looked for good food, be it a hawker stall or a fine dining restaurant.


I love and hate tourism TV shows at the same time. Love to see all the beautiful scenery and saliva drooling dishes presented, while hate that I can only see it on the TV. What makes it worse is these shows are always on air at night, making people craving for the savory food at midnight. However, great thanks to those shows that present in-depth knowledge of wine and food, seeds of passion in wine and dining were planted in my heart. As time goes by, my zeal for wine and dining grows. There is no turning back for me now as I'm already intoxicated.


My wine journey began in Singapore, a small but well developed country with well-nurtured wine culture. I can easily get myself a good bottle from the supermarkets and wine boutiques with reasonable price. Though most of the restaurants here offer good wine lists with wide selection, the prices are not so impressive........... =.=

So here we go for my wine and dining experience starting from this little island!

No comments:

Post a Comment